GSoC Weekly Report 3: LibreOffice for Android - Gautam Prajapati

Gautam Prajapati gautamprajapati06 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 13:00:02 UTC 2017

Hello!

I was working on the task of switching to Clang for building LO Android.

Last week was spent on understanding the differences between exception
handling ABIs for ARM and Itanium one(being shipped with Clang in NDK). Our
linux-arm-bridge source code is written keeping the ARM specifications in
mind.

On doing some digging, turned out that "gabi++" C++ runtime which is also
being shipped with NDK along with STLs, contains the required headers which
are implemented according to ARM specifications.

On including the gabi++ headers, build and app both worked but there were
some strange SIGSEGV's which I'm trying to debug this week. We're near to
completing the clang switch on Android.

Regards,
Gautam
IRC Nick: brainbreaker[m]