IOS and gbuild

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at libreoffice.org
Fri Jun 23 19:08:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

(readding CC to libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org, which I assume was
accidentally dropped)

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 08:37:53PM +0200, Jan Iversen wrote:
> Now I could go into all of the test modules and disable them for iOS,

Please do. That was the way e.g. Android was first introduced too IIRC.

> but I think it makes more sense to do it centrally, since these tests will
> never work on iOS.

Doing it "centrally" (I think you mean: globally) would break down once there
is _any_ testcode for IOS. In that case, you would need exceptions (running
tests on IOS) to the exception (not running tests on IOS). There is only pain
following that road.

> I do agree that tests are important, but there is a reason why I called it
> LibreOfficeLight, it is simply not possible to support all our features on
> iOS (without a huge effort), just alone the fact that iOS does not support
> dynamic libraries is a big limitation.

All(?) that was true for Android too, thus I think they should both still be handled
the same way. Its unavoidable to have platformspecific exceptions, but they
should described in the same way when possible (which clearly they are here).

Best,

Bjoern