tdf#99352: explicit ctoring of VclPtrs?

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 12:58:31 UTC 2017

On 2017/03/07 1:58 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> FWIW: the changes are along the lines of:
>
> -    mpPage = pPage;
> +    mpPage = VclPtr<TabPage>(pPage);
>
> with mpPage being a VclPtr<> and pPage being a raw pointer.

I can't see how that would flush out any bugs. How could it go wrong? Whether it is null or not makes no difference, the
VclPtr<T> is happy either way.

What is more likely to flush out bugs (and what would make sberg very happy), would be to remove the current
auto-conversion-to-T* operator, since that would make explicit the places where we are passing around raw pointers
instead of VclPtr<T>