Failing VCL complextext rendering unit test on Windows

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Mar 24 14:36:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 04:16:29PM +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> The tinderbox emails don’t give a link to the log, but quoting from the
> email:
>
> > complextext.cxx:64:Assertion
> > Test name: VclComplexTextTest::testArabic
> > equality assertion failed
> > - Expected: 71x14@(0,1)
> > - Actual  : 70x14@(1,1)
>
> Looks similar to yours, which makes me wonder if the failures have a
> common cause.

So looking at your numbers again:

SAL_DEBUG( "ID: " << rGlyph.maGlyphId << " " << rRect << " " <<
aGM.gmCellIncX << " " << aGM.gmCellIncY );

 ID: 1397 4x3@(1,-10) 0 0
-ID: 5262 6x6@(1,-6) 6 0
-ID: 5269 3x7@(0,-7) 3 0
-ID: 5366 7x9@(0,-9) 7 0
-ID: 5269 3x7@(0,-7) 3 0
+ID: 5262 7x6@(0,-6) 6 0
+ID: 5269 4x7@(-1,-7) 3 0
+ID: 5366 8x9@(0,-9) 7 0
+ID: 5269 4x7@(-1,-7) 3 0

The ink box is identical in both cases, so it might be a difference in
glyph origin, can you compare that as well? Would removing those +1s at
the end make any difference?

Regards,
Khaled