Failing VCL complextext rendering unit test on Windows

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 29 16:59:41 UTC 2017

Hi *,

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 11:29:52AM +0100, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> when running
>>
>> $ /opt/lo/bin/make-4.2.1-msvc -C vcl CppunitTest_vcl_complextext
>>
>> on Windows 7, KVM QXL GUI via Spice I get the following failures:
> […]
>> All height values are the same, just the width and x-offsets change.
>
> Hmm, might be related to Windows font rendering settings, AFAIK Windows
> disables anti-aliasing for rdesktop

Depends on your settings. But yeah, with the lower-bandwidth settings
Cleartype and other things are disabled by default (but you can
reenable with no problem)

And yes, this in the past already had caused tests to fail.
see https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/26981/ for one I ran into.

Spice might also cause cleartype to be disabled, not sure..

ciao
Christian