GSoC 2017 Statement of Interest

Muhammet Kara muhammet.kara at pardus.org.tr
Thu Mar 30 05:54:25 UTC 2017

Hello LibreOffice devs and fellow GSoC applicants,

I am currently a Computer Engineering (undergraduate) student at Middle
East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. And I am interested in
applying for GSoC with the idea "Revamp the Customization dialog", which
-if accepted- will be mentored by Katarina Behrens (bubli), and the UX
team.

I started contributing to LibreOffice just at the end of the last year's
GSoC application period, thus I couldn't apply for GSoC 2016. Since
then, I have been trying to develop, translate, and market LibreOffice.
It has been a very good experience for me so far.

I mostly worked on the UI stuff, and you may also find a few of them on
the release notes of 5.3:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.3

You may find all of my merged patches on gerrit: https://bit.ly/2ktej2r

Contact details: