Help system improvements (II)

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Tue May 30 14:54:52 UTC 2017

Hi Cloph,

Christian Lohmaier píše v Út 30. 05. 2017 v 16:15 +0200:

> >> 1) issue with offline use (file://path/to/pages/)
> >
> > What exactly is the issue, please?
>
> browsers blocking loading of local files for security reason.
>
> >> To do:
> >> 3) Resolve protocol file:// for offline use (hit CORS guideline
> >> restriction for browsers)
> >
> > What exactly is needed here, please?
>
> for chromium, one could make the help an extension package, that way
> it would be allowed to load files from a configured directory (in
> other words:  add a corresponding manifest file)
>
> see also
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=40787

That was the problem with loading data via XMLHTTPRequest / jquery's
load (we were trying to solve previously); but if the files are static
html now, I see no problem to link directly (<a
href="something/blah">...</a>), which does not have this problem :-)

Or am I missing something?

Thank you,
Kendy