Persistent crash building ooxmlexport4+ unit-tests on macOS 10.12.6

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Nov 8 07:17:14 UTC 2017

On 11/06/2017 08:31 PM, Shinnok wrote:
> I'm trying to build a full checked build of core master on macOS Sierra and it looks like the ooxmlexport4 cppunit test manages to kill the macOS display manager every time on my machine. Attached system crash report to the end of this e-mail.
>
> I'm trying to find out what could be different between my configuration and the Jenkins_MacOSX tinderbox which looks like is building just fine. The XCode kit version reported by autotools is 10.13 (just like mine) but apart from that I can't find any other build details, nor confirm that it is macOS 10.12 indeed. Can somebody point me to the build config (trying to find out if it's using LODE or otherwise) and the system details for that tinderbox?

I cannot reproduce your failure with various (though all
--enable-dbgutil) master builds on macOS High Sierra (10.13.1).  They
successfully build 'make check screenshot'.

However, I have routinely seen sporadic test failures during 'make
check' with stack traces resembling yours in the past.  Those completely
stopped to happen for me a while ago.  I had assumed it was related to
jmux' VCL scheduler changes back then.  But it could probably instead
have been related to my switch from macOS 10.12 to 10.13, which I did at
about the same time IIRC.