PRINTs landscape despite configured as portrait (Mac OS) (bug 92190)

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Nov 13 09:05:12 UTC 2017

> 3.  I also found a different approach. It doesn't fix the underlying
> problem (similar to my initial solution), but it will work (without any
> side effect, as far I can tell) and limited to MacOS printer code
> I switched the orientation order in https://opengrok.libreoffice.
> org/xref/core/vcl/osx/salprn.cxx#68. Instead of Orientation
> <https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/s?defs=Orientation&project=core>::
> Landscape <https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/s?defs=Landscape&project=core>
> : Orientation
> <https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/s?defs=Orientation&project=core>::
> Portrait <https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/s?defs=Portrait&project=core>
> -> Orientation
> <https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/s?defs=Orientation&project=core>::
> Portrait <https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/s?defs=Portrait&project=core>
> : Orientation
> <https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/s?defs=Orientation&project=core>::
> Landscape <https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/s?defs=Landscape&project=core>

That indeed clearly was a copy-paste error, introduced by me in 2014, in
5f27a6864420815d0d0abc409333fec963536faf . But whether fixing that has any
effect on tdf#92190 is unclear.

For this bug, I don't think we need to bother with investigating what
happens if the user goes into the "Expert Configuration" (Preferences.. >
Advanced > Open Expert Configuration) and changes settings there; by
definition people doing that are asking for trouble, and taking into
account such situations will just confuse things further.

--tml