calc / column limit patch ...

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 08:00:38 UTC 2017

On 2017/11/15 6:08 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Its getting a bit close to the 6.0 freeze, and Dennis is still working
> hard to get the calc threading stuff merged.
>
> 	Eike said he'd take a look at your patch upping the column limit after
> your re-factoring, and had a few ideas of what might be up.
>
> 	Could you share that ? and/or perhaps good to CC the dev list on any
> discussion there ? =)

Hi

This

    https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/44802

is the last step in raising the column limit in calc.

I believe I have already addressed the places in calc where raising the limit is likely to affect performance. (See my
commits over the last couple of months with "dyncolcontainer" in the subject)

Unfortunately, this last step causes some unit test failures which I cannot track down.

Perhaps Eike has some ideas?

Thanks, Noel.