Copyright infringement and future of Hunspell

Németh László nemeth at numbertext.org
Tue Nov 21 12:57:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Reverted.
> https://github.com/hunspell/hunspell/commit/58dfe79637982c5c49658c57c3b01d
4f44c07c19
> I guess everybody should be happy now. Life goes on. I won't touch
> version 1 code any more.

Thanks for reverting.

> @ everyone in this thread
>
> Ok, can we conclude now. V1 is tri-license back as it was, V2 will be
> LGPLv3 only, for the time being. I did the change because I wanted to
> link V2 into V1, to have full backward compatibility. But, I gave it an
> additional though and there is a simple solution to link V1 into V2 and
> keep the whole package backward compatible (including ABI).
>
> Once V2 is finished, if you like it, put it in LibreOffice. If you don't
> like it, don't do it. We are really trying hard to make a good product.

This is not an option, because Hunspell development is part of LibreOffice.
Authors and main contributors are all LibreOffice (OpenOffice.org)
developers.
Caolán and me used GitHub only as a git repository for Hunspell, fixing
Hunspell problems mostly reported by LibreOffice users.
Driving force and main target of Hunspell development is still LibreOffice.

> I apologize for any inconveniences I created.

Thanks.

To solve this unfortunate situation, please, separate your "hunspell2"
project
under a different gitHub project and name, without using "Hunspell" or
"Hunspell v2" titles for it.

This will help me a lot to continue Hunspell developments for LibreOffice
in the next few weeks and later.

Best regards,
Laszlo