Copyright infringement and future of Hunspell

Димитриј Мијоски dmjpp at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:21:48 UTC 2017

Really appreciate we resolved this. I have learned greatly. My mistake was really unintentional, I was not aware of possible consequences. Still would you be interested in making short video call to clear all doubts. We are available to do this right now.

On 21.11.2017 13:57, Németh László wrote:
Hi,

> Reverted.
> https://github.com/hunspell/hunspell/commit/58dfe79637982c5c49658c57c3b01d4f44c07c19
> I guess everybody should be happy now. Life goes on. I won't touch
> version 1 code any more.

Thanks for reverting.

@ everyone in this thread

Ok, can we conclude now. V1 is tri-license back as it was, V2 will be
LGPLv3 only, for the time being. I did the change because I wanted to
link V2 into V1, to have full backward compatibility. But, I gave it an
additional though and there is a simple solution to link V1 into V2 and
keep the whole package backward compatible (including ABI).

Once V2 is finished, if you like it, put it in LibreOffice. If you don't
like it, don't do it. We are really trying hard to make a good product.

This is not an option, because Hunspell development is part of LibreOffice.
Authors and main contributors are all LibreOffice (OpenOffice.org) developers.
Caolán and me used GitHub only as a git repository for Hunspell, fixing
Hunspell problems mostly reported by LibreOffice users.
Driving force and main target of Hunspell development is still LibreOffice.

I apologize for any inconveniences I created.

Thanks.

To solve this unfortunate situation, please, separate your "hunspell2" project
under a different gitHub project and name, without using "Hunspell" or
"Hunspell v2" titles for it.

This will help me a lot to continue Hunspell developments for LibreOffice
in the next few weeks and later.

Best regards,
Laszlo

Cheers,