unrestricted access

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 25 17:13:07 UTC 2017

Hey,

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Valerii Goncharuk <lera.goncharuk at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I get unrestricted commit access?
> My patches are
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git;a=search;h=
> 014a3ab73683f4e190f5e2dd26788ee1a3a0d683;s=lera.goncharuk@
> gmail.com;st=author

Usually getting full commit access happens after one or several experienced
developers have reviewed a number of your patches and are mostly happy with
what they have seen. Keep in mind that full commit access does not mean
that you should push directly to the repository. The biggest difference is
that we trust you to judge when your own code and the code of other people
is in a state that it can be merged.
In general I think people nowadays expect too much from getting full commit
access. We no longer use the wild west development style that we used in
the beginning of the project and even experienced developers are nowadays
expected to use CI and possibly get a review of a controversial patch.

Looking through your patch list I think there is still a bit missing. There
are only 5 patches in the last 3 months and overall not that many patches
to the core repository at all. Keep up the good work and show that you
understand the development process, provide some good patches and at some
point the ESC will ask you if you are happy with getting commit access.

Regards,
Markus