basegfx::BColor

Chris Sherlock chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 12:22:27 UTC 2017

Just a quick query: is there any reason why basegfx::BColor doesn’t store the alpha value?

I was thinking it would be great to migrate from tools::Color to basegfx::BColor, but I genuinely don’t think this is really possible without storing the alpha channel.

Also, I noticed a decent gerrit patch by Noel that removes yet another variant of Color in cppcanvas:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/43240/

It would be great to have literally only one implementation of Color :-)

Also, I proposed a Color modifier earlier to do alpha blending:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/43223/

Feedback is that BColorModifer_interpolate can do this already, so it’s not like we don’t have the infrastructure to do this...

Thoughts?

Chris

Sent from my iPhone