[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 18 15:26:45 UTC 2017

> * Crash Reporter (Xisco)
>     + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/?days=128
>     + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/5.3.4.2
>         + 2121 (last 7 days)
>     + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/5.3.5.2
>         + 516 (last 7 days)
>     + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/5.3.6.1
>         + 285 (lasy 7 days)
>     + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/5.4.0.3
>         + 1834 (last 7 days)
>     + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/5.4.1.2
>         + 1407 (last 7 days)
>     + top bug – missing symbols from merged.dll ? (Michael)
>         + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_
> details/6ed34f4e-7836-4afd-9bd8-ffa9eb1db28a#allthreads
>         + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_
> details/1b36c17c-1209-4d1b-9381-0e71a4044069
>         + are we up-loading symbols or ? …
>             + symbols are up-loaded & correct (Cloph)
>             + processing from the minidump is not working
>             + is it the crash-report-side processing ?
>             + if you do the debugging yourself it works.
>        + Markus suggested - problems with MSVC 2015 install ? (Xisco)
>        + remaining top crashes don’t have good traces (no surprise)
> (Michael)
> AI:         + look into that (Cloph)

I already spent more than a day looking into that issue. It is not a
problem in LibreOffice or our tooling. Merged libraries generarted with
MSVC 2015 seem to store pdb info differently and DIA (the MS API that
breakpad uses to access pdb info) is not able to extract any useful
information. The uploaded symbol information don't contain anything useful
so that breakpad is not able to generate useful backtraces for the merged
library.

Regards,
Markus