[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Mon Sep 18 16:10:42 UTC 2017

Hi Markus,

On 18/09/17 16:26, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
>     * Crash Reporter (Xisco)
>         + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/?days=128
> I already spent more than a day looking into that issue. It is not a
> problem in LibreOffice or our tooling. Merged libraries generarted with
> MSVC 2015 seem to store pdb info differently and DIA (the MS API that
> breakpad uses to access pdb info) is not able to extract any useful
> information. The uploaded symbol information don't contain anything
> useful so that breakpad is not able to generate useful backtraces for
> the merged library.

	Oh - interesting. So - did I understand right from the above that the
problem is in the client-side up-load of the stack / symbol information ?

	I'm curious what Mozilla are doing here since they default to VS2015 -
and also have some "put everything in one big DLL" approach.

	Thanks !

		Michael.

--
michael.meeks at collabora.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot