[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:21:58 UTC 2018

Hey,

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at collabora.com>
wrote:

> * GSoC Application (Thorsten, Heiko)
>    + 42 final applications – deadline is over, please review!
>       + somewhat down on previous years; similar to other projects.
>    + 16+ mentors
>    + 10-15 interested students discussing on ML.
>    + A bit confused here – no E-mail (Michael)
>       + can admins assign mentors based on project ownership in wiki ?
>       + do we push the “I want to mentor this student” button ? (Miklos)
>           + do this only for good proposals (Heiko)
>              + would be good to mail people to push button (Miklos)
>       + slot allocation deadline ~4 days from now (Miklos)
>        + do we have a plan for slots to request ?
>        + previously a min & max required.
>    + need someone with expertise to check the submissions (Heiko)
>        + one of the admins: Thorsten/Markus/Heiko would be good (Michael)
>             + lots of cruft in there still – only 1-2 Androids possible
>             + useful to have a spreadsheet for ranking if possible with
>               links for the proposals.
>             + important to make sure promising students ‘have a mentor’
> AI:    + poke admins / come up with this ~4 days to slot count (Heiko)
>    + quite a number of ignored proposals : is there rational ? (Miklos)
>        + not me who set that so (Heiko)
>        + seems Markus did – see the ‘Ingored’ tab at the top (Michael)

As can be seen by the ignored proposals I already did an initial round of
proposal reviews (right now we have just the ones left with a proper
proposal). Now it would help especially for the projects with more than one
proposal if the potential mentors of the corresponding proposals could
leave a comment whether they are happy with the proposals. I will use that
to mark the ones that have been sorted out by the mentors also as ignored
and come up with a final list of projects.

I will check the list and see how many projects we have and most likely
after talking with Thorsten during the hackfest propose a minimum and
maximum number of slots that we want to request. A full ranking of
proposals is not necessary yet.

Regards,
Markus