Guidance for GSoC

Heiko Tietze tietze.heiko at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:26:56 UTC 2018

Hi Vishal,

sounds like you want to build LibreOffice first. We have plenty of resources that guide you through the process [1,2,3]. The next step would be to find something you can work on. We call this easyhack [4]. Solving non-trivial tasks is a prerequisite for GSoC students [5] in our organization. And finally you may want to look over our GSoC ideas [6] to get an impression what we are looking for. Feel free to ask for help on our IRC channel #libreoffice-dev.

Hope you enjoy your time with us,
Heiko (UX mentor)

[0] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development and https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design
[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux