Introduction and problems compiling

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:16:29 UTC 2018

Hello David,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:36 PM, david <david.hm.1994 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know why but my previous e-mail got "header flagged". Here's the
> original:
>
> "
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm David Hernandez and I'm too an aspiring GSoC student. I want to
> further broaden my experience by participating in an open source project.
> Even if I don't get admited to the program I will likely contribute this
> summer anyway. I'm gonna look at the easy hacks list and see what I can do.
>
> Btw, the GSoC page https://summerofcode.withgoogl
> e.com/organizations/4535835748204544/ mentions the existence of some
> ideas with mentors. I assume it refers to this page?
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas

Yes, that is the correct page. The page should also be linked from the
official GSoC pages.

> When I'm done with the easy hacks, I should investigate about the issues
> presented there and write a formal application, right?

You should start researching the project you want to do and talk to the
mentor. Official student registration and application starts on March, 12th.

About the build problem in the gpg test you best talk to Thorsten or Bubli
on the IRC channel.

Regards,
Markus