Bug 83260

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 09:26:27 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 05:10:00AM +0000, Yemelyanenko Fyodor <fyodor_e at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I think that the best solution for bug in question is to remove call to CompresRedlines from Undo/Redo. So Undo/Redo won't compress redlines and change indexes.
> I don't like to change CompresRedlines as it called by AppendRedline and from several other places.
> For me such solution can be safest.

That sounds like a good approach, I was also confused how redlining and
undo compresses the events.

This would also ensure that the behavior of how to compress redline in
saved documents is not changing, which is probably a good thing.

> PS Its funny, that if you type some text in single paragraph with
> change tracking = ON, you'll get new redline every single minute, even
> if you type continuously :-) This is by design, as AppendRedline calls
> CanCombine which only allows combining those text, which has been
> typed during single minute
> (https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/core/doc/DocumentRedlineManager.cxx#861)

Yes, that's a known behavior, in the past I broke it and it created a
new redline every second, that was not funny. ;-)

Regards,

Miklos