GSoC ideas page needing updates

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 30 00:22:04 UTC 2018

Hello fellow hackers,

please update the GSoC ideas page as soon as possible. Here is a quote from
a GSoC email that was sent to the GSoC admins yesterday:

"It seems quite a few veteran orgs have 0, or very few, projects listed on
their Ideas List for their GSoC Org apps. Some have something like "coming
soon" with no actual ideas on their page - *this will result in an
automatic rejection* - please don't let that be you!

Our team has been reviewing hundreds of applications this week and taking
notes and we have noticed MANY orgs that have not completed their lists
(have 1-2 ideas or ideas with 1 sentence describing the problem) or say
'coming in March', 'coming soon', etc. That's a 'Reject in our book."

This is a strong reminder that without a good ideas list we are always
risking not being selected. So please check your project ideas and update
them, remove old items and add new ideas with details.

Regards,
Markus