Google Summer of Code 2018

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 30 00:39:02 UTC 2018

Hey,

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 9:52 PM, Rushabh Kapadia <rushabhpkapadia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>      I am a computer science student at VJTI, Mumbai and I am interested
> in applying for GSOC 2018.
>      I went through the organisations and the projects that were submitted
> last year and found the projects submitted by your organisation appealing.
>      Just wanted to enquire whether you would be participating this year
> as well and if yes, then what would be the projects for this year.
>       Thank you for your time and please let me know if LibreOffice is
> planning to participate this year.

First note that GSoC organization selection has not been completed and that
organization announcement is only in mid of February. However this should
not stop you getting involved as starting early usually leads to better
proposals and better chances of showing your skills through Easy Hacks.

Our project ideas list can be found at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas and some general
information about GSoC at LibreOffice at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC. (Note that only the
organization application info have been updated for 2018 yet).

You should start by cloning LibreOffice and building the first time. After
that start with an Easy Hack in an area that looks interesting to you.

Regards,
Markus