LO build: CppunitTest error in Ubuntu 16.04/18.04

Ch g prsvrrgtd at outlook.com
Tue Jul 24 10:12:37 UTC 2018

I tried to build a local branch created by merging latest gerrit master with another branch, on both Ubuntu 16.04.4 and Ubuntu 18.04.1, and got the same following error.

No core file identified in directory /home/dev/libreoffice/workdir/CppunitTest/sd_import_tests.test.core

To show backtraces for crashes during test execution,

enable core files with:

   ulimit -c unlimited

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

make CppunitTest_sd_import_tests CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"

    # for interactive debugging on Linux

make CppunitTest_sd_import_tests VALGRIND=memcheck

    # for memory checking

make CppunitTest_sd_import_tests DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE

    # for exception catching

You can limit the execution to just one particular test by:

make CPPUNIT_TEST_NAME="testXYZ" ...above mentioned params...

/home/dev/libreoffice/solenv/gbuild/CppunitTest.mk:114: recipe for target '/home/dev/libreoffice/workdir/CppunitTest/sd_import_tests.test' failed

make[1]: *** [/home/dev/libreoffice/workdir/CppunitTest/sd_import_tests.test] Error 1

autogen.input:

--enable-dbgutil
--disable-cve-tests
--without-java
--without-help
--without-myspell-dicts
--with-build-version=$(date +"LinuxDbg%Y-%m-%d")

That branch was built(make) successfully only with option "--build-nocheck" on MacOS 10.13.3, and that built LO app was usable despite having some bugs which I caused when merging the original old branch.

I want to build without option "--build-nocheck" to debug (the same source code) on Ubuntu, in order to fix my bugs which haven't been resolved in MacOS.

How should I get a full normal build done?