ODF specification for border around text portions

Tamás Zolnai zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 09:57:59 UTC 2018

Hi Regina,

That's right what Miklos wrote here, it was added mainly for MS
compatibility, so the expected behavior if it works similar to that. This
line height handling "bug" seems an independent issue from the character
border, which affects that use case too.

However I'm not sure that ODF specification is this detailed that you need
to specify these things too. At least I did not meet with a detailed
specification. As I remember in ODF spec the border related attrubutes are
general attributes already used for other objects like paragraphs, pages,
frames, etc. So it might be a good idea to check how paragraph border works
for example. In theory these two should be somewhat consistent and as I see
they are. Line height - border interaction seems similar for paragraphs and
when a paragraph is splitted between pages I see two separate boxes.

Best Regards,
Tamás