Help in Libreoffice extension development

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 13:34:38 UTC 2018

On 06.03.2018 14:12, Pattabhi RK wrote:
>    We are trying to develop a libreoffice extension for spellchecker.
> And to start with we have tried to develop HelloWorld extension as given
> in the link.
>
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/JavaEclipseTuto

Sorry, I have no idea about using Eclipse for LibreOffice extension
development.  From the below exception, it looks like that
OpenOffice.org Eclipse integration you link to above might not actually
work with LO.  (The program/types.rdb in LO is in a different format
than what it was back in OOo.  LO usually treats those different formats
transparently, but apparently something does not work well in
combination with that OOo Eclipse integration.)

I see
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Extension_Development#Eclipse_Plugin>
mentioning something supposedly LO-specific for developing extensions
with Eclipse.  Have you checked that out?

> We are not able to load UNO types selector and we have got the following
> error:
>

> om.sun.star.registry.InvalidRegistryException:
> com.sun.star.registry.SimpleRegistry.open(file:///opt/libreoffice5.4/program/types.rdb):
> underlying Registry::open/create() = 6
[...]