Compiler baselines

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Mon Nov 26 09:19:16 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 08:22:50AM +0100, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 23/11/2018 00:48, Thorsten Wagner wrote:
> > Due to other changes building master is no longer possible with macOS 10.11. SDK 10.13 is required now (maybe SDK 10.12 but I’m unable to verify this).
>
> According to README.md (in the root of the core repo), our build baseline is
> 10.12, while the runtime baseline we target with those builds is 10.9.
>
> (And I'm not going to change any of that in the context of this compiler
> baseline bump.)

But in practice commit cd3c315e5a5c7d0a961418cfce3b1683f9ab5ad9 already
did replacements like NSOnState -> NSControlStateValueOn, where
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nscontrolstatevalueon?language=objc
says this is available in the 10.13 SDK only, so in practice we don't
build with the 10.12 SDK anymore, I think. Should that commit be fixed
or we want to update README.md?

Thanks,

Miklos