Compiler baselines

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 16:05:47 UTC 2018

On 26/11/2018 10:19, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 08:22:50AM +0100, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 23/11/2018 00:48, Thorsten Wagner wrote:
>> According to README.md (in the root of the core repo), our build baseline is
>> 10.12, while the runtime baseline we target with those builds is 10.9.
>
> But in practice commit cd3c315e5a5c7d0a961418cfce3b1683f9ab5ad9 already
> did replacements like NSOnState -> NSControlStateValueOn, where
> https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nscontrolstatevalueon?language=objc
> says this is available in the 10.13 SDK only, so in practice we don't
> build with the 10.12 SDK anymore, I think. Should that commit be fixed
> or we want to update README.md?

That commit is <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/61633/>
"-Werror,-Wdeprecated-declarations
(--with-macosx-version-min-required=10.14)", and I had naively assumed
that Jenkins would do a baseline macOS build and flag any parts that
were not supported by the baseline.

And I'm not even sure what the minimum SDK we want to support should be.
  IIUC, Xcode may provide SDK 10.y versions newer than the macOS 10.x on
which the build is done, and configure.ac will (by default) pick up the
newer -with-macosx-sdk=10.y then.  So README.md's "Build: 10.12 + Xcode
9.3" might not necessarily imply that we support building against SDK
10.12 (again, IIUC).

Anyway, I don't really care either way, whether to fix the commit if
necessary or to update the build baseline in README.md to macOS 10.13
or to clarify the SDK baseline in README.md.

Do we know of any build done in an environment that should be covered by
our baseline but which got broken by the above commit?