Upstream clang compiler plugins, licensing

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 17:54:29 UTC 2018

IANAL, obviously, but possibly you could pick the plugins you want and ask
all the people who worked on that plugin to re-license their work (there
are not that many, and they are mostly still around)

For the record, for anything in compilerplugins/ that I have touched, I
grant you permission to submit my work to LLVM under their license.

Also, note that LLVM is likely to want you to write the plugins in quite a
different style, they don't use our style of overriding ASTVisitor anymore,
so upstreaming is not trivial, they like using some kind of matcher API for
traversing the AST, and they have a whole Checker framework for clang-tidy
stuff.