DocumentView$1.class not generated with OpenJDK 11

Olivier Tilloy olivier.tilloy at canonical.com
Mon Oct 8 12:16:34 UTC 2018

Last week it was pointed out to me that some libreoffice automated
tests being run on the Ubuntu packages (autopkgtests) broke with
OpenJDK 11. All the details can be found at
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1796361.

I managed to pinpoint the failure to a missing DocumentView$1.class ¹.
When run against OpenJDK 10 (version 10.0.2+13-1ubuntu1), that file is
generated. When run against OpenJDK 11 (version 11~28-3ubuntu1), that
file is not generated any longer. It doesn't seem to be needed anyway,
as the test runs successfully with both versions of OpenJDK when
removing that reference in the makefile.
I'm not fluent in Java so I may be missing something, but it looks to
me like this reference to DocumentView$1.class could be safely removed
in all cases (see my shallow analysis in the launchpad bug report)?
Input from Java experts much appreciated!

Cheers,

 Olivier

¹ https://github.com/LibreOffice/core/blob/master/odk/examples/DevelopersGuide/OfficeDev/DesktopEnvironment/Makefile#L69