problems with LayerTabBar in unit tests

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Oct 10 18:44:14 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Markus Mohrhard schrieb am 08-Oct-18 um 22:42:
> Hello Regina,
>
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 7:54 PM Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de
> <mailto:rb.henschel at t-online.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     does no one has an idea? I have put the problem as patch to Gerrit
>     https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/61545. Perhaps my problem is easier
>     understandable then.
>
>     Problem: If I use the "Load"-method, I get the document loaded, but
>     only
>     the center pane has the correct size. All other window sizes have
>     suspicious values. Especially the LayerTabBar has width 0, and
>     therefore
>     a click on it is not possible. But that would be needed for the unit
>     test.
>

> Many of the unit tests actually don't include any parts of the UI. So,
> they are usually useless for testing that anything in the UI actually
> works.

I had looked around, but didn't find a test, which I could use as
template for my test.

> For some tests you can work around it by hooking into the
> corresponding shell but you will need to inspect the code and the setup
> of the test (e.g. your test does not link against libsdui) to check if
> that is possible. I think not many people can easily help you there for
> impress and draw code.

And those familiar with Draw/Impress have a lot of more important things
to do.

I have made a little bit progress. I have initialized the size of the
ContainerWindow of the Frame with meaningful values (size defaults to
zero) and set it to Show(true). Now I get a LayerTabBar with correct
outer rectangle.

But the rectangles of the single tabs are empty and therefor the hit
test for the mouse event fails. Other properties of the tabs like id,
label text and associated layer are correct.

So I still need to investigate what is missing.

Kind regards
Regina