[TDF infra] Announcing Gitiles VCS browser (gitweb replacement) and https:// anon git URIs

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 07:26:40 UTC 2018

Hi Guilhem,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 04:27:54AM +0200, Guilhem Moulin <guilhem at libreoffice.org> wrote:
> Right now https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/$CHANGENUM/ has both gitweb
> and Gitiles links, but unless we hear strong objection we'll disable
> gitweb at the end of the month, and serve requests to
> ‘/gitweb?p=${REPOSITORY}.git;a=${ACTION};h=${REF}’ as 302-redirections
> to the corresponding Gitiles paths.

The gitweb link takes me to a diff of the whole change, while in the
gitiles case I need one more additional click to the "diff" text to get
there. Would it be possible to keep showing the diff by default?

It's a tiny thing, but if you review code a lot, this saves a lot of
time.

A second point: gitweb supports searching by name, e.g.
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git&a=search&st=author&s=caolan>.
Does gitiles support something like this, or from now on one must clone
the repo to be able to do queries like this?

Thanks,

Miklos