How to make unokywds.hxx from module sd usable for svdlayer.cxx in module svx?

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Tue Sep 18 17:05:28 UTC 2018

Hallo Tor,

Tor Lillqvist schrieb am 18-Sep-18 um 17:21:
> On the other hand, do we really consider what
> sd/source/ui/inc/unokywds.hxx exhibits to be good style?
>
> My personal impression has been that we want to eventually get rid of
> stuff like this and just use literal strings as such in the code, and I
> have occasionally committed changes like that.
>
> But of course, I have to admit that exactly the kind of error that
> Regina is fixing here would not have happened if that svdlayer.cxx file
> had consistently only used variables containing those strings.

And you can use opengrok to search for it. You cannot search for
"controls" including the quotation marks, at least I do not know how to
do it in opengrok.

> Still... I can't stand how unokywds.hxx completely arbitrarily sometimes
> spells the variable exactly using the same case of characters as the
> contents (for example sUNO_Service_FillProperties[] =
> "com.sun.star.drawing.FillProperties"), sometimes differently (for
> example sUNO_PseudoSheet_SubTitle[] = "subtitle" and sUNO_shape_zorder[]
> = "ZOrder"). No consistency at all. Infuriating.
>
> it is also annoying if some string is *both* present as literals here
> and there, and *also* as the contents of some const variable in other
> places. And maybe as another const variable in still other places. And a
> #define in even more places....

I agree it is confusing. Do you have a better idea for my case of layer
names?

Those from unokywds.hxx have the advantage, that the purpose is in the
identifier. So you can distinguish between "Background" as property for
filling, "background" as layer name and "background" as style sheet
name, for example.

Kind regards
Regina