local build not running java unit tests

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Fri Sep 21 14:00:39 UTC 2018

Stephen's advice here solves the problem I presented.  I am trying to
move this email to another
thread, which discusses difficulties more
like the next difficulty I face here.

On Fri, 2018-09-21 at 09:35 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 20/09/2018 20:56, Terrence Enger wrote
... that his local builds did not run Junit tests ...

> Is it just a question of plain `make` (running just a few tests, mostly
> CppUnit ones) vs. `make check` (running all tests)?  Some of the
> Gerrit/Jenkins bots run the latter.

Exactly so!  Thank you.

On my machine, the test ran successfully.  I do not know how to dig
deeper.

Meanwhile, I shall try again.  Maybe the problem will go away.  (I
hate it when a problem just goes away.  Almost, I hope that the
problem persists.  Almost.  Sigh!  The test *did* run successfully for
the previous patch set.)

Thank you, Stephen.
Terry.