Please Help Me

Eliter Awesomeness eliterdaboss at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:15:02 UTC 2018

Hello,

Note to people skimming through:
Is anyone willing to call me on an American (or "+1" country code) phone
number, email, IRC, or other communication methods and be a "study buddy"
or something of that sorts? I'll give you my phone number first, I don't
care, it's through Google Voice.

 So I had introduced myself a week or so ago, and I wanted to get some help
with helping Libre Office getting better.
 I have never worked with people on software and on an already developed
project, so I am wanting to know how to get started.
 I looked at SourceBounty and remember finding a bounty for $90. Someone
wanted the feature, comparing to Microsoft Word, in how they would
appreciate being able to have two documents side-by-side and being able to
edit them.
 So if I were to attempt to improve that, I need to get to the source code
and start editing. Now, I don't want to be rowing upstream, so I want to
make sure I'm not improving code on a version that doesn't help other
software developers.
 Once I get the source code on the right version, I need to know *where* to
start editing. Which file(s) do I look at?

There are probably many more questions, and I want to know what is
available to me, so I can start on doing code for Libre Office. I see that
when I wake up in the mornings, you guys are pretty active on email, so I'm
trying to figure out how to work this, since I keep missing the bulk of the
people working on this.

Is anyone willing to call me on an American (or "+1" country code) phone
number, email, IRC, or other communication methods and be a "study buddy"
or something of that sorts? I'll give you my phone number first, I don't
care, it's through Google Voice.

Thanks,
Eli D.