Hunspell probably breaks build on macOS

Thorsten Wagner thorsten.wagner.4 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:28:02 UTC 2018

Dear all,

since LO 6.1.2 I'm unable to build the application. Probably this is caused by upgrading hunspell from 1.6.0 to 1.6.2. Build breaks with following error message:

config.status: error: in `/Volumes/DTA/Build/LibreOffice/6-1-2/workdir/UnpackedTarball/hunspell':
config.status: error: Something went wrong bootstrapping makefile fragments
    for automatic dependency tracking.  Try re-running configure with the
    '--disable-dependency-tracking' option to at least be able to build
     the package (albeit without support for automatic dependency tracking).

Setting configure option "--disable-dependency-tracking" has no effect. I'm building on macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

Any help is appreciated.

May thanks in advance,

Thorsten