Cppcheck: Reduction of False Positives: Manual Approach

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 03:20:00 UTC 2018

Maarten,
Thanks for your suggestion here and your earlier contributions to the Cppcheck Report. I agree that we should create the include file dynamically. However the approach used by your script seems like overkill. Cppcheck already finds that quoted includes like
#include "GraphicExportFilter.hxx"
.
Also when there seems to have been a coding style that all <> includes outside of /inc folders should be defined by their relative path. Cppcheck only complains about 4 missing includes that do not follow this pattern.(see my earlier email on oddball includes).

Unless, I'm missing something, I still prefer this approach:
$ find . -type d \( -name "inc" -o -name "include" \) |sort > inc.txt

inc.txt only has ~200 entries, where as  /tmp/tmpfile.txt has ~1,800 after sorting it.

-Luke