GSOC 2019 - Project Proposal

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 08:34:00 UTC 2019

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

On Mon, 2019-04-01 at 18:22 +0530, Apoorv Jain wrote:
> I am interested in contributing to the libre-office as it has some
> really great projects to work upon and also they align with my
> experience. I am mainly interested in "Improve Adobe Pagemaker import
> filter".
>
> The project is based on Python, which is my domain of interest.

It's plain to us that you haven't even read the description of the
task, as it clearly says that the library is implemented in C++ (Python
is only needed for OLEToy, a tool we use to help us with reverse-
engineering). In addition, you're very late; you were supposed to
appear during the previous phase. Nevertheless, we'll give you a chance
to qualify: There are two PageMaker documents in
https://people.freedesktop.org/~dtardon/pm/, one in 6.5 and the other
in 6(.0) format. Kindly download them and fix the libpagemaker code so
they are displayed correctly. Once you've done that, we can talk about
application.

Hoping to see your change requests (and potential pull requests for
oletoy) at your earliest possible convenience.

D.