compiling Libreoffice with internationalization

Adrien Ollier adr.ollier at hotmail.fr
Thu Apr 4 10:36:26 UTC 2019

Hello everybody,

I am a French C++ developper and I want to contribute to Libreoffice.
I downloaded the Libreoffice source code and compiled it on my Ubuntu desktop computer with is configured in French but all the text in the menus is in English. I can't get the User Interface in French as you can see in the following screenshot:

[cid:7a85baad-8310-40ad-8bda-70a1e8a5ac5f]

So my question is: How can I get LibreofficeDev in French ? Or saying differently: How can I activate internationalization ?

Thank you by advance.
Best regards,
Adrien Ollier