Add AdjustX method to basegfx::B2DPoint

Alexander Farrow alexanderfarrow at tutanota.com
Mon Apr 8 20:47:33 UTC 2019

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for your reply.

Thorsten Behrens wrote:
>tools::Point is not exactly a role model for a nicely designed class,
>so I'd hesitate to take any literal bits out of that. ;)

Good to know, I'm new to the codebase so I'll keep that in mind.

>Many places using AdjustX() also call AdjustY() just the next line, so
>for that you could use basegfx::B2DPoint::operator+=(const B2DTuple&)

Sure but there are occasions in the code where we are just modifying
a single coordinate. My recent patch is an example:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/70329/ <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/70329/>

>If you believe you *must* use a single-component modifier

A single-component modifier isn't a must but it might be nice for
when we are only changing one coordinate.

> please come up with something that blends well with the b2dtuple/point
>concept. Also ideally, you will maintain some amount of internal
>consistency (e.g. compare how operator*, *= etc. all got added in
>farious flavours, such that math with b2dtuples works like the
>'canonical' way when done with skalars or various forms of vectors).

If we do decide to go ahead with this I'll be sure to follow your
implementation requirements.

With many thanks,
Alex