On backporting fix for tdf#124503 "LibreOffice doesn't detect JVM because of unexpected java.vendor property value"

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 07:43:01 UTC 2019

On 11/04/2019 10:35, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 11/04/2019 09:30, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
>> I'd prefer a backport to both maintained branches - at the current
>> speed of new binary Java distros springing up (and the overall
>> trajectory of that ecosystem there), I'd expect more of those issues
>> down the road.
>
> Fair enough.  Gerrit changes up for review at
> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/70587/> for libreoffice-6-1 and at
> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/70586/> for libreoffice-6-2.

(BTW, I only tested my fix against stock OpenJDK reporting the Oracle
vendor string, by manually removing that vendor information from my
local LO sources temporarily.  It would be great if somebody could
actually test it against one of those problematic OpenJDK variants that
are unknown in the LO sources.)