Properly notify gpgme about spawn executable location on Windows

Kaganski Mike mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 09:23:24 UTC 2019

On 21.04.2019 0:22, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
>> 1. First of all - do I understand it correctly that the problem is real
>> - so there are possible scenarios involving e.g. python (or another
>> process which executable is not in LO's instdir/program), that might
>> need gpgme?
>>
> See above - but even for uitests, the issue might become relevant, so
> I see at least no harm in keeping that fix (unless Popen can be fixed
> to not have Windows inherit too much parent process attributes).

Just checked with master, that the call to gpgme is avoided now due to
commit 7ac4e48687d7679927f5659e941024445946ffa7 "tdf#118593 sfx2: no
need to call into xmlsecurity without signature streams", which added a
check to SfxObjectShell::GetDocumentSignatureInformation. And thus - I
believe that the patch is indeed useful for the cases where the
signature streams would be present.

It's a pity that buildbots don't run those tests on Windows hosts. And I
suppose that we should introduce such a python test with a document with
signature stream, to properly test this on platforms with substantially
different implementations. (Not volunteering to the task, though,
because of lack of required skills.)

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski