Properly notify gpgme about spawn executable location on Windows

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Sun Apr 21 22:29:45 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

Kaganski Mike wrote:
> On 21.04.2019 0:22, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> > Hmm - so the uitests are rigging the office in a very specific way,
> > using subprocess.Popen to spawn a child soffice process from python
> > (which calls CreateProcess on Windows). Code for that is in
> > uitest/libreoffice/connection.py, Python3 help blurb is
> >
> >   https://docs.python.org/3/library/subprocess.html#subprocess.Popen
> >
> > It is a tad surprising that this would somehow 'think' it is still the
> > main python executable on Windows, perhaps there's a way to
> > parameterize the Popen call differently to rectify that?
>
> I am quite sure that's python.exe process that I debug in VS here (path:
> C:\lo\src\core\instdir\program\python-core-3.5.5\bin\python.exe,
> launched by python.exe in C:\lo\src\core\instdir\program); with a
> command line like this:

No idea where I got the impression you were talking about uitests -
you didn't mention it anywhere. :/

Anyway, what I say above is a nonsense, as you're referencing pyuno's
own unittests here, which are even more special (and exhibit the
behaviour you describe). ;)

That stuff pulls in test module's libtest (via dlopen from
initTestEnvironment (in pyuno_module.cxx)), which in turn rigs up a
very minimal office suitable for unit tests (see test/Library_test.mk
for what's linked into that).

So this is an artificial environment, that -- except for python-based
unit tests -- is not going to happen in the wild. With that, your
change is only strictly needed if there would be python tests
exercising xmlsecurity functionality.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten