Make ooxml-handles work in odp

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Tue Aug 6 07:26:00 UTC 2019

Hi Regina,

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 10:50:21AM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> No. If you open a file which was originally produced by PowerPoint, the
> shape gets a "ooxml-foo" shape type. When you then save the file to .odp
> format, the shape type is stil "ooxml-foo". So when you then open the .odp
> file, you have "ooxml-foo" too. Since you cannot use the prefix "ooxml-" to
> distinguish the file formats.

Ah, I see.

1) If you want to know which import filter was used to create the doc
model, you can get that info from SfxBaseModel::getArgs(). One of the
property values returned by that function has the info.

2) I wonder if you want to behave differently for ooxml- shapes if they
are loaded from ODF or OOXML. I thought that the idea for ooxml- shapes
is exactly that the know they are from OOXML, so no matter if they are
loaded from ODF or OOXML, we handle them the way MSO does. But perhaps
there is some detail I miss here. :-)

[ If you load a shape from PPTX, then save to ODP, reload, you probably
expect unchanged behavior, correct? ]

Regards,

Miklos