Make ooxml-handles work in odp

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Tue Aug 6 08:49:00 UTC 2019

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 06-Aug-19 um 09:26:
> Hi Regina,
[..]
> 2) I wonder if you want to behave differently for ooxml- shapes if they
> are loaded from ODF or OOXML. I thought that the idea for ooxml- shapes
> is exactly that the know they are from OOXML, so no matter if they are
> loaded from ODF or OOXML, we handle them the way MSO does. But perhaps
> there is some detail I miss here. :-)
>
> [ If you load a shape from PPTX, then save to ODP, reload, you probably
> expect unchanged behavior, correct? ]

Yes, that is the goal, that ooxml-shapes from .pptx and from saved .odp
behave the same. But currently the handles in shapes from .odp are not
moveable.

The missing detail is this: When the model is build from .pptx the
shapes contain the attributes RefX, RefY, RefR and RefAngle. These
attributes bind the handle to the adjustment value. They are needed to
calculate the new adjustment value, when the user moves the handle. But
these attributes are not stored in .odp and ODF has no means to do so.
In .pptx they are neither stored directly, but they are added from the
preset definition in the .pptx import filter. So my idea is, to add them
in the .odp case too.

I found that MergeDefault is called for .odp to merge the defaults from
the old kind MS shapes, which are used in our sets. So I thought it
would a good place to add the missing parts of the ooxml-shapes here
too. My patch works already in its current state, but it is not 'nice'.

Kind regards
Regina