Need help for unit test with rotated shape in Calc

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Wed Dec 18 08:20:02 UTC 2019

Hi Regina,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 04:22:07PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> It implements a method of class SdrObjCustomShape. That would speak for
> "unit". But anyway, it is already in master
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f44140bebb9c493d97ba5aef26c9692c53a6b93f
>
> I have made a new test class in "unit". I have chosen "unit" because those
> tests are performed by a simple "make", test in "extras" only by "make
> check".
>
> So new question is, do I need to change it?

I don't think you need to change anything. The point is to have tests
for functional changes, if it goes under "unit" or "extras" is just a
detail in my opinion.

Also, many modules have a single "unit" or "cppunit" directory under
qa/, just to separate them from python or java tests.

But you're right, I guess the convention is that in case there is "unit"
and "extras", then the tests under "unit" are registered in the
Module_foo.mk file as a unitcheck (part of "make foo"), while "extras"
is typically a "slowcheck" (part of "make"). And usually only
python/java tests are subsequentchecks (part of "make check").

It's also a good idea to write new cppunit tests or unitchecks or
slowchecks, given that the Windows and macOS build bots don't run make
check.

Regards,

Miklos