Beginner's question about installing Libreoffice SDK

David Johnson david_johnson58 at outlook.com
Wed Dec 18 11:36:45 UTC 2019

My reply inline from the beginning to the end:

>(Please reply to the mailing list, not just to me directly.  I put the
>list back into the loop.)

Sorry, I am using a new email-client and it did not work as I expected.

>On 17/12/2019 19:55, David Johnson wrote:
>> I also tried that, but the script simply outputs the following, and then
>> "freezes" and does not ask for any input:
>>
>> $ ./setsdkenv_unix
>>
>>   ************************************************************************
>>   *
>>   *  You have to configure your SDK environment first before you can
>>   *  use it. The configuration has to be done only once.
>>   *
>
>That's odd, never seen that myself.  I guess you need to debug that
>yourself.  setsdkenv_unix is a shell script that calls perl after
>outputting the above.  Likely there's some option you can add to that
>perl command line to let you somehow debug the Perl code (but I'm far
>from a Perl expert myself :)

That is unfortunate. Thanks, then I know at the least that I did not do something wrong... Running the script was the first thing I tried.

Do you happen to know who wrote (or maintains) that configuration script - or is there a way in which I can find that out? Then I can try to contact this person.

I will also try what happens when I run the most recent version of the SDK and ask some other people to install it as well on their machines to see what happens.