Trying to put LO Firebird patches upstream, license issue?

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 4 20:15:00 UTC 2019

On 04/02/2019 20:48, Kaganski Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04.02.2019 22:36, julien2412 wrote:
>> Is it ok to submit a patch or is there license/agreement issue to take into
>> account?
> Well - since our patches are modifications to Firebird, which requires
> all modifications to have IDPL licensing, then all our modifications
> cannot be under a different license? (And I seem to remember something
> in these lines from some recent discussion here.)

Thank you Mike for your quick feedback.

Could there be any compatibility between these licenses ? (perhaps only
1 way : submit an LO patch on Firebird or submit a Firebird patch on LO)

For example, I think LO can retrieve patches from ApacheOpenOffice but
the reverse isn't possible (except if all the authors from the patch are
ok). In the worst case and it would mean, considering
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=45f42681f4d1260c42140a313560534e605f81a4,
I should ask to Tamas and Lionel (let's put them in cc) if they accept
to submit the configure part of this patch upstream?

Julien