header footer background images don't display on file reopen

Michael Stahl mst at libreoffice.org
Thu Feb 7 14:19:03 UTC 2019

On 27.01.19 02:17, Jim Raykowski wrote:
> Greetings All,
>

> Trying to make header and footer background images redisplay on opening.
> I noticed draw:fill="bitmap" in style:header-footer-properties in a
> .fodt test file.

> fo:margin-bottom="0.1965in" draw:fill="bitmap" style:repeat="repeat"
> draw:fill-image-ref-point="top-left">

> <office:binary-data>iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAApUAAACpCAYAAAENcfbOAAAACXBIWXMAAA7EAAAOxQGMMD9a

> If draw:fill="bitmap" is removed the image shows in the header on
> reopen. When not removed blue background fill is shown.
>
> Is draw:fill="bitmap" needed?

what's odd about this is that you have draw:fill="bitmap" attribute but
not draw:fill-image-name="..." - that's even more invalid than Regina
says :)

iirc the idea was that both draw:fill attributes (new and not-yet-valid)
and style:background-image element (old and valid) should be exported,
so that old LO/OOo versions can read the style:background-image and new
LO versions the draw:fill attributes which have more features.

when i try with Writer 6.1, i get the draw:fill-image-name plus a couple
more (draw:opacity="100%" draw:fill-image-width="0cm"
draw:fill-image-height="0cm" style:repeat="repeat"
draw:fill-image-ref-point-x="0%" draw:fill-image-ref-point-y="0%"
draw:fill-image-ref-point="center" draw:tile-repeat-offset="0%
vertical") ... not sure why you manage to get only draw:fill?