Principle of least surprise

Joao S. O. Bueno gwidion at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 03:23:27 UTC 2019

Indeed -
I just created a 3-cell sheet to check this out, and - it is a behavior
broken beyond any justification attempt.

Moreover, I spent sometimes in the options dialog box (that just the looks
the
same ms office did in 1996), searching for a way to disable the "convert
e-mail
to hyperlink" behavior applcation wise, and could not find any. (Which does
not
mean it is not there, just that it is another broken point in the UI).

Anyway, even with auto-hyperlink creation for e-mails and urls, in the
sheet case it should be a no-brainer that first click: selects cell;
second-click: activates link.

best regards,

    js
  -><-