Principle of least surprise

Kaganski Mike mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 9 07:30:59 UTC 2019

Hi!

Well - I tend to agree that having the hyperlinks malfunctional is not
nice. *Possibly* the idea behind showing "hand" cursor over such URLs
even without holding CTRL required for their activation could be to
allow user an easy way to identify the links... but even then, showing
cursor does not necessarily imply that clicking should give both no
following the hyperlink, and no cell selection.

On 09.02.2019 6:23, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> Moreover, I spent sometimes in the options dialog box (that just the
> looks the
> same ms office did in 1996), searching for a way to disable the "convert
> e-mail
> to hyperlink" behavior applcation wise, and could not find any. (Which
> does not
> mean it is not there, just that it is another broken point in the UI).

Heh, it looks like placing all controls for what changes input in one
"AutoCorrect" dialog is indeed just another broken UI. We need better
put it in many different places all over the application instead.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski